Characteristics of ECDC Curriculum
The mission of ECDC is to provide a safe, nurturing environment that will stimulate students to learn and develop responsibility during their introduction to formal education. Developmentally appropriate early learning experiences are a vital ingredient for success in future education settings while developing a love for lifelong learning.
1. Utilizes the “whole child” approach using activities that teach to the multiple learning intelligences.
2. Focuses on language development, literacy-phonemic awareness, number concepts and math readiness.
3. Offers a literature-rich environment with thematic units of instruction as a foundation for lesson preparation.
4. Incorporates technology with computers in every classroom and participation in the Waterford Early Reading Program.
5. Offers a Character Education Program to help children identify and apply positive character traits such as respect, responsibility, honesty, self-discipline, etc.
6. Provides Motor Room facility and outdoor playground for the development of large motor skills and social skills.